Sunday 3 January 2016



SUMMARY OF 2015 FROM THE VIEW-POINT OF A SIMPLE TECHIE

2016, here we are. Doesn't feel any different from last year but the year has changed and I think for the better. 2015 was a year of giving in my opinion, one of the biggest givers in my opinion is Microsoft. It sometimes felt like they were giving everything away but I think this makes Microsoft better as a company. They gave Visual Studio 2015 community, by far the best free IDE for development hands down ( remember just my opinion, no need for a flame war ), they gave Developer Essentials, 6-month Pluralsight subscriptions...even as I type this, I feel Microsoft have done so much in 12 months and this is not even counting the various projects that they have open sourced and made easier for all to access and use technologies on open source platforms like Linux.

Microsoft is different from like 10 years ago so I think all the inhibitions of using Microsoft Technology in any startup should disappear. I want to start a software solutions consultancy and one of the main draw backs was Microsoft because our target clients have Windows everywhere and trying to develop solutions based on Windows was plagued with $$$$$$=N==N= every where. But with this "new" Microsoft, we are certain to rest easy, and create solutions with abandon knowing that there is space for the little guy regardless of where he is and what he wants to develop.

I think we can salute the efforts of Microsoft in 2015 wouldn't you agree?!

No comments:

Post a Comment