Friday 3 June 2016

Clarity On AspNet Core, DotNet Core decisions

I had strong opinions about the changes in rc2 of dotnet core, aspnet core and I wasn't happy about moving back to csproj, msbuild and all them type of decisions. I watched the AspNet Community standup yesterday and I had all my questions answered and I have to raise my hands and say I was just worried that these changes were not the right ones to take us forward, obviously I was wrong. They know the problems that led to the changes better than any of us on the outside could ever know.

What was particularly pleasing is the "unification of dotnet" that was mentioned in the standup and I have to say that the plans are noble and that is what I had hoped dotnet would be heading to. I just now understand that I don't have to worry too much about how it gets there, but to appreciate the fact that I think the best people are on the job of taking us "there". I must apologize to the entire "core" team at MS for what I feel are harsh comments made. 

I hope we make progress going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment